I see a lot of those emails that get passed around, making fun of people who live in Minnesota, and I smile because sometimes they are so true. For a glimpse of life in Minnesota, here are some of my favorites:
YOU KNOW YOU ARE A TRUE MINNESOTAN WHEN:
* "Vacation" means going up north past Brainerd for the weekend.
* You measure distance in hours.
* You know several people who have hit deer more than once.
* You often switch from "heat" to "A/C" in the same day and back again.
* You can drive 65 mph through 2 feet of snow during a raging blizzard, without flinching.
* You carry jumper cables in your car and your girlfriend knows how to use them.
* You design your kid's Halloween costume to fit over a snowsuit.
* You don't go to bed without watching the weather forecast.
From Jeff Foxworthy:
If you consider it a sport to gather your food by drilling through l8 inches of ice and sitting there all day hoping that the food will swim by, you might live in Minnesota.
If you’re proud that your state makes the national news 96 nights each year because International Falls is the coldest spot in the nation, you might live in Minnesota.
If you have ever refused to buy something because it’s "too spendy", you might live in Minnesota.
If you know how to say Wayzata, Mahtomedi, Edina and Shakopee, you might live in Minnesota.