Mike at Vagabondish started this meme, I was interested in reading the reasons other people came up with. Other people. People other than me. Not me. Paul at The TravMonkey decided he wanted to read mine. Hmm. Thank you, Paul.
Although I'm not planning a trip around the world, I do love to travel. I have a long list of places I want to visit and things I want to do, some for a week or two, some for a few months. Here are the 5 reasons why:
1. People- When I was 8 years old, a cousin from Norway came to America with a friend of hers. I was fascinated by them, their language, and where they came from. Since then, I've wanted to meet people from other places and see how they live.
2. History- Not only do I want to meet people now, but I like to learn about people from the past. With the little traveling that I have done so far, Tulum, Mexico; Ephesus, Turkey; Delos, Greece; Venice, Italy and several old castles in Ireland stand out in my mind. In the United States, Mesa Verde, Deadwood, and several historic places in Maryland and Virginia were also interesting to visit.
3. Nature- I love to be outside, and there are so many incredible natural wonders in the World. I want to explore as many as I can.
4. Experiences- I want to try things that I don't do at home. Downhill skiing in the Colorado mountains, white water rafting down the Colorado River, boogie boarding in the Atlantic Ocean, and a hawk walk in Ireland are some of my favorite experiences. Next on my list of things to do is ride a zip-line in a rain forest.
5. Challenge- Like Paul, I want to challenge myself and get out of my comfort zone. How will I react to different situations? What will I find out about myself? Hopefully meeting those challenges will make me a better person.
Now I'd like to hear from Nathan at Ubertramp, and if they see this, Jul at This non-American Life and Boris at Travel-Junkie.